COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF JUNE 2020
We are excited to be back and have missed you all. We know Covid-19 has changed all our lives and we want to update you on our office and the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of all.
We have increased the PPE protocol as per our governing body’s recommendation.
As per our governing body, anyone that is high risk patient (heart conditions, respiratory /liver/kidney disease, diabetes, immunocompromised conditions to name a few) should not come in at this time except for an emergency.
In the last 14 days:
- Have you had a fever, sore throat, cough, or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with the above symptoms?
- Have you t travelled outside of the lower mainland?
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19?
- Have you experienced a recent loss of smell or taste?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions or have any questions, please contact us so we can take the appropriate precautions to protect you and our staff.
IN OFFICE VISITS:
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call our office upon your arrival so we can let you know when to come in to limit people in the reception area.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception is for patients requiring a guardian or care-taker. No other family members or friends will be allowed inside.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer immediately upon entry to the clinic.
- Your temperature will be taken by our staff using a touch-less thermometer. If your temperature is over 37.5 degrees Celsius, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That means we will have fewer options for scheduling appointments.
- You will be given a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution to rinse with at the beginning of each appointment.
- Please avoid paying with cash. We accept debit, MC, Visa, Amex and e-transfer.
- For our younger patients, they will no longer be able to pick “prizes” at the end of their appointments. We will just give them one.
- During cleanings, the ultra-sonic machine and polishing will only be performed in limited cases to ensure reduction of aerosols.
Our sincere apologies to all of you for not being able to provide dental care in the last few months and thank you for your patience and understanding. .
With constant updates and changes, these protocols are subject to change. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.